Are you still not getting anywhere with your novel?
Stop going at it alone! Get the step-by-step help you need to write, publish, or market your genre novel with experienced and bestselling novelists who are also professional teachers, coaches, and mentors.
Beth and Ezra Barany are award-winning, best-selling novelists, who have worked with over 100 authors to help them get their books written and published. Happily married for over 15 years, we’re passionate about writing, story telling, and guiding authors to achieve your dreams.
Dear Dedicated Novelist,
- Do you feel like you’ve gone as far as you can on your own and now you need more support to reach your goals as a novelist?
- Do you wish for insight from more knowledgeable writers who know what you’re going through so you don’t feel so alone?
- Do you desire clear guidance and structure so that you can stay the course even though you have a busy life?
Ezra & I know how you feel! Which is why we created this group coaching program specifically for genre novelists.
We’ve been where you are, and we’re here to help.
We’re inviting you to join us to get into action and live your life as a successful novelist now, not tomorrow.
In our Author Group Coaching Program starting May 1, 2014, we invite you to have real conversations with us as your mentors and coaches, and with your peers, so that you can you write, publish, and market your novel.
DATES: May 1, 2014 through January 31, 2015 (9 months)
This Program is For Dedicated Novelists who:
Have started writing at least one manuscript or are almost done with one;
Write genre fiction (romance, mystery, thriller, suspense, adventure, fantasy, science fiction, or a combo of these);
Are ready to start thinking about publishing (either self-publishing or traditional publishing) and marketing your book and yourself as an author (even though the thought of marketing is super scary);
Want a successful writing career as a genre fiction novelist.
Get your book done this year!
Benefits of Joining Our Author Group Coaching Program with Beth and Ezra Barany:
- You’ll get the accountability and support you need to finish your first book, edit it, and prepare it for publication.
- You’ll get insight and knowledge – resources on a private resource page – from two experienced and published authors who know what you’re going through so you don’t feel so alone.
- You’ll get tips and tools and guidance and structure on how to stay the course even though you have a busy life.
- You’ll get weekly check-ins to help you keep your writing and its progress top of mind.
- You’ll get regular access to Beth and Ezra to pick their brain with any question you have about finishing and editing your book, publishing, and book marketing.
- You’ll be able to test out marketing ideas in a safe and supportive environment; we know what it’s like to market out books! We’re introverted writers too!
- You’ll have the structure of a program so that you can have a strong goal and reach toward that goal whether it’s to complete and polish your book, or publish and market your book, or both.
- You’ll have the support of your peers too so you’ll be able to get feedback from your colleagues. Also you’ll be able to support them. Often when we teach or share what we know, we solidify our learning in a deeper way.
- New! You’ll get Beta Reading Feedback and some light Critiquing Services on some of your manuscript pages by one of Beth’s experienced assistants. This valuable feedback will help identify problems with your writing process that you might be having issues with, so you can correct them early on.
- New! You’ll be able to exchange manuscript pages between the group participants, so you’ll have the added bonus of having your peers critique and offer feedback on your writing.
- Extra: For those who want 1-1 support with Beth Barany, there are two options: One-on-one coaching calls (2 coaching calls per month; calls are 60 minutes long; Beth can read pages.) Or: One-on-one coaching calls plus manuscript editing 10-15 pages (2 coaching calls per month, and calls are 60 minutes long.)
Topics We’ll Cover in the Program:
– Getting your book done; (Yes!)
– Tips on motivation, overcoming overwhelm due to all the steps involved in getting a book completed, polished, published, and marketed;
– Tips, tools, techniques on acknowledging and addressing procrastination and resistancee (as Steven Pressfield calls it in The War of Art);
– How to make friends with the internal editor and putting it to work at the proper time and not a moment too soon.
– How to embrace your own writing and editing process. Each of us has our own. Let’s uncover yours!
– How to find editors/beta readers/critique partners;
– How to edit to create a ready-to-publish manuscript, covering topics such as character and point of view, conflict and story structure, creating a page-turner, developing a strong voice, and what makes for a strong, compelling read.
– Tips, steps, resources on self-publishing: how to find cover and layout designers, ebook conversion; proof readers;
– Tips, steps, resources on traditional publishing: how to find the right publisher, how to find a literary agent; how to pitch an agent or editor in person or in writing;
– Marketing for shy writers; building your social media platform; using social media tools to build your brand; get started with a basic website.
– And more! We’re open to your questions, concerns.
To see how other people have benefitted from our programs, check out the testimonials on the side (or below, depending on how you’re viewing this page.)
If you’d like to feel excited about your writing career, taking action around it, and are on track to reach your goals, then read on…
We’re passionate about helping genre novelists create successful writing careers, which is why we’re excited to offer you our 2014-2015 group coaching program.
Here are the specifics!
WHAT: Group coaching program for weekly support, delivered via a private Facebook group.
DATES: May 1, 2014 through January 31, 2015 (9 months)
Features: What you’ll get when you join this program
CALL TO ADVENTURE: Author Group Program with Beth and Ezra Barany
SLAY THE DRAGON: Plus, One-on-One Support with Beth Barany
RETURN WITH THE ELIXIR: Plus, Manuscript Editing with Beth Barany
|Private Facebook group ($3,000 value)||X||X||X|
|Direct feedback on your questions from Beth and Ezra (PRICELESS!)||X||X||X|
|Mon, Wed, Fri group check-ins ($2,400 value)||X||X||X|
|Resources on Publishing: how to pitch and find literary agents; how to navigate self-publishing and best practices ($2,000 value)||X||X||X|
|Templates and checklists on book marketing strategies and techniques for shy writers ($1,000 value)||X||X||X|
|Editing support and guidelines so you can create a ready-to-publish manuscript ($2,000 value)||X||X||X|
|9 Live Monthly Online Calls ($3,000 value)||X||X||X|
|18 One-on-One Coaching Sessions with Beth Barany ($3,600 value)||X||X|
|18 Manuscript editing sessions (10-15 pages per every 2 weeks) ($5,000 value)||X|
|Your Investment:||CALL TO ADVENTURE: $1,350||SLAY THE DRAGON: $3,600||RETURN WITH THE ELIXIR: $5,400|
|You can do monthly payments:||CALL TO ADVENTURE: $150/month for 9 months||SLAY THE DRAGON: $400/month ($3,600)||RETURN WITH THE ELIXIR: $600/month ($5,400)
|Or you can pay in full:||CALL TO ADVENTURE: Full Pay Option: $1,200 ($150 off)|| SLAY THE DRAGON: Full Pay Option: $3,200 ($400 off)||RETURN WITH THE ELIXIR: Full Pay Option: $4,800 ($600 off)
|($13,610 value)||($17,210 value)||($22,610 value)|
Space is limited — we’re only accepting 15 writers so that we can give our full attention to the group.
Full Pay Option
CALL TO ADVENTURE
SLAY THE DRAGON
RETURN WITH THE ELIXIR
|Or you can pay in full:||Full Pay Option: $1,200 ($150 off)||Full Pay Option: $3,200 ($400 off)||Full Pay Option: $4,800 ($600 off)
COST SUMMARY: for this author group coaching program with Beth and Ezra Barany:
— CALL TO ADVENTURE: $1,350 or $150/month for 9 months
Or: Full Pay Option: $1,200 ($150 off) for the CALL TO ADVENTURE private Facebook group and access to all the resources; and access to Beth and Ezra connecting with you specifically via the FB group.
– SLAY THE DRAGON: $3,600 or $400/month for 9 months
Or: Full Pay Option: $3,200 ($400 off), for added One-on-One SLAY THE DRAGON support with Beth Barany for all of the above, plus two 1-1 calls per month with Beth Barany. Beth will also read up to 20 pages before the call, sent at least 24 hours ahead of your coaching call. Calls are 60 minutes long.
– RETURN WITH THE ELIXIR: $5,400 or $600/month for 9 months
Or: Full Pay Option: $4,800 ($600 off) for added Manuscript Editing RETURN WITH THE ELIXIR support with Beth Barany for all of the above, plus twice a month editing (light line edits on story, character, word choice, flow) of up to 10-15 manuscript pages, corresponding to our two 1-1 calls per month.
Ready to sign up?
CALL TO ADVENTURE:
Click below to pay for the group by month. The system will set you up on a monthly payment program.
CALL TO ADVENTURE: Monthly Payment Plan for 9 months
Sign up for Author Group Coaching with Beth and Ezra Barany
Or click here if you’d like to pay in full for the CALL TO ADVENTURE Program:
$1,200 for the 9-month program ($150 off).
SLAY THE DRAGON:
Monthly pay: Click below to pay for the group plus 1-1 SLAY THE DRAGON support by month. The system will set you up on a monthly payment program of $400 per month for 9 months.
Sign up for monthly SLAY THE DRAGON level: Group Coaching Program and 1:1 with Beth Barany
For SLAY THE DRAGON level: Pay in full: Click here if you’d like to pay in full: $3,200 for 9-months ($400 discount).
For the RETURN WITH THE ELIXIR level:
Monthly pay: Click here to sing up for the group, plus 1-1 & editing RETURN WITH THE ELIXIR level by month. The system will set you up on a monthly payment program of $600 per month for 9 months.
Sign up for monthly RETURN WITH THE ELIXIR level: Group Coaching Program and 1:1 & Editing with Beth Barany
For RETURN WITH THE ELIXIR:
Click here if you’d like to pay in full: $4,800 for 9-months ($600 discount).
Is this program right for you?
It is if:
– You’re proactive, ready to get into action.
– You take responsibility for showing up.
– You ask for help and for what you need.
– You’re ready to have real conversations about what it takes to be the author you’d like to be.
– You’re saying to yourself, “Now’s the time to get into action!”
A Little Bit About Us
Today I’m an award-winning novelist and write in two genres (young adult adventure fantasy and paranormal romance for adults), and run a successful business as a coach and consultant for authors. Two of my nonfiction books for writers have been bestsellers, and my webinar on book blog tours has received mostly 5-star reviews and has over 100 students. My husband, Ezra Barany, is a best-selling novelist, and writes under two names. Together, we generate about one-third of our revenue from book and product royalties.
But as you can imagine it wasn’t always this way.
Flashback to fifteen years ago… After always reaching and achieving my academic goals as a teen and an adult (valedictorian; fluent in French by 17; got into UC Berkeley), I’d just gotten rejected from graduate school in journalism. I was 30.
What was I going to do with my life? I was working as an assistant manager at Blockbuster Video (remember such stores?), and was reeling from confusion, lack of direction, and felt unmoored from life.
I had no clear direction. I was lost.
When I finally got up the courage to reread my application to graduate school in journalism (I only applied to one school), I saw that I’d written there in black and white that the deep reason why I wanted to go to grad school and study journalism was because I wanted to be a novelist.
I read that and it hit me. Duh!
No wonder they didn’t let me in. And, if that’s what I say I wanted, well, I better get to it.
I realized it was time for action. I realized the only way to be a writer was to write.
But where to begin? Such an overwhelming task. I did what a book nerd like me would do in the pre-internet days: I went to the library and read the local activities announcement board.
Right away, I found a group that met at a local café and joined it. I started my first novel on the very first meeting.
Through that group, and through another I joined soon after (and where I met my husband, bestselling author Ezra Barany – more on him later), I got on track and started working on that first novel.
Fast forward to today: I’ve written 4 novels, and published 2 novels, 1 very short prequel, and 2 novellas – so far. I’ve won a grand prize on one of my novels, and was a finalist in several contests for other novels. I have 3 books in process at any given time, and I make time to write while running my business.
I’m so excited to be bringing my knowledge, passion, and vision to you!
Here’s what Ezra has to say:
Today I am an award-winning author of a bestselling novel. My Jewish version of The Da Vinci Code, The Torah Codes, was released in paperback in March 2011, then the ebook version was published in September 2011. My thriller hit bestseller status in December 2011 in Jewish fiction and has stayed on the charts ever since.
It wasn’t always that way.
I used to be a high-school physics teacher and worked hard to earn my paycheck. All that hard work didn’t feel like it paid off when I was laid off from teaching. We nearly lost our home. Not finding any open physics teaching positions in the San Francisco Bay Area, I realized I had to do something… because I couldn’t go on like this, scrambling and waiting to find work. I realized I had to be in charge of my own career. I took an old manuscript off the back burner, applied some special tricks as I edited it, and in a matter of a few months. my book was available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
I’m happy to say that my book brings in passive income; the royalties are close to the salary I had from my first year of teaching. In fact, I’ve set up a part of the profits to go to schools, and so far over $2,500 from book sales have been donated to local Jewish day schools. I am currently editing my sequel to the novel and plan on releasing it this year.
As much as I love being an author, I’ve missed teaching, and have been working with authors for about two years, with Beth and solo. I look forward to working with you and helping each and everyone one of you achieve your goals and dreams. Nothing would make me happier!
Q: Do I need to have a Facebook account to participate in this program?
A: Yes, you’ll need to have an account and a way to access the private group.
Q: Do I need to have a manuscript done when we start?
A: No, but it’s great if you already have an idea for a book or have already started writing.
Q: What if I’m working on a trilogy/triptych?
A: Wonderful! Both Beth and Ezra are working on trilogies. During the program we recommend that you stay focused on one book at a time. That way you’ll be able to finish at least one book during the program. Past participants have actually finished their books and often started or even completed a second book.
Q: Will you edit my material via the Facebook group?
A: No, not unless you sign up for the RETURN WITH THE ELIXIR level. You are welcome though to upload your material and ask your cohorts in the circle for specific feedback. We’ll be giving you specific training and support on Beta Reading and Peer Critiques.
Q: Will you provide line edits on my manuscript?
A: Yes, if you sign up for the RETURN WITH THE ELIXIR level.
Q: What if I can’t always attend the calls live.
A: All the group calls will be recorded. You will have access to them via our private Facebook group and can download them for your private use.
Q: Will you help me find an agent?
A: We will be covering how to query agents during the year. We teach you how to do this, so you’re empowered!
Q: Will you publish my book under your press?
A: No, we only publish our own books. But you can hire us to produce your book. In that case you’re the publisher. More details on our book production services here: http://authorentrepreneurship.com/book-covers-for-romance-erotica-thrillers-mystery-and-non-fiction/.
Q: Do you have Scholarships?
A: Only for those who were to also assist in the program. It’s not a full scholarship, but a partial one. Only a few spots are available. Write Beth if you want to apply and she’ll send you the application. The deadline for sending the application is: April 30, 2014.
If you know this is the right program for you, Ezra and Beth are here to help you make your writing dreams come true.
CALL TO ADVENTURE
SLAY THE DRAGON
RETURN WITH THE ELIXIR
|Your Investment: Monthly payments option||$150/month for 9 months ($1,350)||$400/month ($3,600)||$600/month ($5,400)
|Or you can pay in full:||CALL TO ADVENTURE: Full Pay Option: $1,200 ($150 off)||SLAY THE DRAGON: Full Pay Option: $3,200 ($400 off)||RETURN WITH THE ELIXIR: Full Pay Option: $4,800 ($600 off)